Designing Rigs and Solutions for the Future
MHWirth has decades of experience as a specialized engineering partner for developing and documenting compliant drilling topside solutions according to our customers’ needs and requirements.
We are specialized in topside design and arrangements for all drilling related areas and systems and are a reliable concept and design partner to leading shipyards, drilling contractors and oil companies. Additionally, we have extensive experience in greenfield and brownfield projects in all phases.
Our services include feasibility studies, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), detail engineering and site support. Furthermore, MHWirth has extensive experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts. We also deliver fully documented design solutions including 3D models.
Engineering and equipment hand in hand enabling optimal solutions
Capability and Compentence
MHWirth’s Engineering Services have extensive multi-discipline engineering capability and competence with over 40 years of experience in the offshore market.
We are a market leader in cold climate design and engineering for worldwide operation and have comprehensive experience in governing standards, rules and regulations. Additionally, we have experience in support and collaboration with leading shipyards, drilling contractors and oil companies and we are familiar with low weight modularized concepts and low manning automated operation.
Complimentary competence and experience to achieve the most optimal teams and design solutions
Key Support Functions and Deliveries
- Design and documentation of optimal drilling concepts, functionality and operation
- System and area responsible for:
- Drill floor, substructure and moon-pool
- Derrick/ram guide
- Pipe, riser and storage decks
- Mud, bulk and treatment areas Management, interface, change and weight control
- Management, interface, change and weight control
- Multi discipline 3D model
- Engineering documentation and 3D model developed to “issue for construction”
- Design of all piping systems
- Drilling process, hydraulic and utility systems
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Electro, instrument and telecom systems
- Drilling control and monitoring systems
- HSE in design and compliance management
- Detailed structural design and documentation
- Design of rooms and cabins (architect)
- Mechanical engineering and procurement
- Reviews, HAZOP and HAZID assessments
- Material handling assessments and reports
- Relevant simulations and calculations
- Fabrication and site support
Continuation of personnel throughout the project phases